Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact customer service?
- I've forgotten my password.
- How do I find a specific item?
- Does AlexandAlexa sell factory seconds or discounted products?
- Does AlexandAlexa have seasonal sales?
- How do I know it will fit?
- How do I know what is in stock?
- How do I make a purchase?
- What payment methods does AlexandAlexa accept?
- Is it safe to use my credit card online at AlexandAlexa?
- Can I order by phone?
- How will I know you received my order?
- Where does Alexandalexa.com ship to?
- Does AlexandAlexa ship to post office boxes or amarex addresses?
- Does AlexandAlexa ship to multiple addresses?
- How soon can I get my order?
- How much will be charged for shipping?
- How can I track my order?
- Is my personal information kept private?
- How can I expect to receive the goods?
- How are duties and taxes calculated?
- Will there be additional duties or taxes payable on my purchase?
- Where's my order?
- My order has taken too long to arrive, and I would like to cancel it.
- How do I return an item that I'm not happy with?
- Can I add to or change my order?
- When will I get a refund for my return?
- What if I want to return or exchange something (Returns Policy)?
- How soon will I get my money back?
How do I contact Customer Service?
If you have a question that is not answered on our site you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We are currently not accepting calls via our usual regular customer service lines pending the installation of a new phone system and to allow us o attempt to clear the backlog of customer emails. All emails are being prioritised to ensure urgent queries are dealt with first, so more routine enquiries may be delayed in the meantime. Please do not send repeat emails.
I've forgotten my password
If you cannot remember your password, click on the "LOG IN" link at the very top of any page, and follow the "Forgot Your Password?" instructions.
How do I find a specific item?
We have designed AlexandAlexa.com to make your shopping experience as fun and simple to use as possible. Simply click on either the shopping button and drill down into the specific gender and department of the product you are looking for, or click on "DESIGNERS" at the top of any page – it's just below the "search" box – and shop for the item this way.
We also feature a store/product search box at the top of each page: just type the designer, or product you are looking for and hit the "search" button.
Does AlexandAlexa sell factory seconds or discounted products?
We only sell current season clothes from the most luxurious and up-and-coming designers. Our buying team selects the best pieces each season and our stylists turn them into fun, wearable outfits for your kids. Our pricing is in line with fashionable children's boutiques in London; we do not aim to discount the Brands we sell.
Does AlexandAlexa have seasonal sales?
AlexandAlexa, like High Street shops, offers seasonal sales, and there is a specific "SALE" department with a link at the top of every page. Please note we cannot guarantee that our sale prices will be equal to – or less than – discounts at offline boutiques.
Also, due to the exclusive nature of our stock, and our unrivalled range of Brands, we cannot guarantee that an item will still be available for purchase late in the season.
How do I know it will fit?
Here at AlexandAlexa we try to help you select the size that fits your child. To keep things simple, we have converted the various designer sizes and measurements on our site into "plain speak", allowing you to buy either the "age" of a specific item, or size in XS,S.M,or L (and even here we show what age range each of these letters correspond too).
However, every child is unique and should you be unhappy with the fit of any garment you can return the item – or exchange it for a different size. Please follow the instructions listed below under returns.
How do I know what is in stock?
All items shown are in stock. If a size isn't appearing in the size drop-down on the product page, then it's sold out. And please be aware that even if the product is in your shopping bag it isn't reserved and might be checked out by another customer while you are browsing.
How do I make a purchase?
Shop by browsing through our departments or searching designers on the top navigation bar.
What payment methods does AlexandAlexa accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Solo, Maestro, Delta, Switch debit cards and PayPal.
Is it safe to use my credit card online at AlexandAlexa?
Our site is as secure as we can make it.
All card transactions on this site are processed safely and securely using GlobalConnect (http://www.globalcollect.com/), an online payment gateway which encrypts your card details in a secure host environment using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet.
When SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the bottom of your browser and you can click on this to find out information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
We never hold your credit card details on our website.
Can I order by phone?
We have currently suspended all our phone lines to try to clear a backlog of emails we have recieved. We hope to restore full service when a new phone system is installed later in October.
How will I know you have received my order?
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received. Please note, this does not mean your order has been accepted by us. Subject to approval by your payment card issuer or payment provider, and the shipping address being verified, your order will be accepted and the funds claimed from your account. We then locate the item in our warehouse and ship it to you based on the rate you have selected.
Where does AlexandAlexa ship to?
We ship Worldwide, and offer two shipping options to each country. We can also deliver the same day to Greater London Post Codes.
Standard Shipping is provided via the Royal Mail in the UK and then through their partners for International destinations. UK transit is currently between 7-10 working days from dispatch and is fully tracked. International shipping can take up to 3 working weeks depending upon destination; however, the International part is not tracked and so in the rare event of the goods being delayed overseas, it may be very difficult for our customer team to trace your package.
We also offer an Express Shipping Service to the UK and the Rest of the World through Royal Mail, Aramex and DHL Express Worldwide*.
Shipping to the UK mainland is Next Working Day from dispatch and within 3 working days from dispatch to the Scottish Highlands and UK Islands.
Internationally, the service timing is subject to destination. On average transit is up to 4 working days from dispatch.
Both services are tracked and the tracking information will be provided to you by email upon dispatch.
* Please note that the Express Service is not available to the Russian Federation. For further information, please contact the customer service team at: email@example.com.
We also offer a TRACKED SAME DAY SERVICE to Greater London, United Kingdom, Post Codes. This is available to orders received Mon-Fri before 2pm BST (GMT +1) on the day of delivery.
Garments sold online by AlexandAlexa are Zero-rated for VAT purposes in the UK. However, VAT is applicable on all shipping costs to E.U. Countries. These costs are added during check-out for all E.U. transactions, but not for transactions to customers outside of the E.U..
Does AlexandAlexa ship to Post Office Boxes or Aramex addresses?
Due to shipping restrictions, unless there is a reception agent present at the PO Box during business hours, customers with PO Boxes will need to arrange for an alternate physical shipping address. You must provide us with an address where our shipping service can get a signature upon delivery of your shipment.
Does AlexandAlexa ship to multiple addresses?
During the checkout process, you will be asked to select the shipping address for your order. At this time, you can ship your online order to only one location. We realize that your order may include gifts that require shipping to several different locations. To do this you will be required to place separate orders for each address you wish to ship to.
Should you require assistance to do this you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 18:00, Sat/Sun 08:00 to 16:00 BST (GMT +1).
How soon can I get my order?
We offer shipping to all countries worldwide, as indicated on the order form. We endeavour to dispatch all orders within 24 hours, however, please allow up to 14 days for shipping as external factors may cause delays.
Your order will be shipped once:
- Payment has been approved.
- The shipping/billing address has been verified.
In calculating when your order will arrive, start with the day in which both these prerequisites have been met and count only normal working days (Mon-Fri) thereafter.
* Orders must be received and have cleared our credit control processes by 14.00hrs GMT for London (UK) same day shipping. We will endeavour to dispatch UK/London Express orders within 24 hours of receiving your order.
How much will I be charged for shipping?
We are currently offering FREE UK Delivery on all orders over £30
UK & International Shipping Tariffs:
For full shipping details, view our Delivery Page
How can I track my order?
Email email@example.com, we will provide you with your unique DHL or Royal Mail tracking number, which you can use to track the location of your parcel live online at http://www.dhl.com or http://www.royalmail.com/.
Standard Shipping is provided via the Royal Mail in the UK and then through their partners for International destinations. UK transit is currently between 2-4 working days from dispatch and is fully tracked. International shipping can take up to 3 working weeks depending upon destination; however, the International part is not tracked and so in the rare event of the goods being delayed overseas, it may be very difficult for our customer team to trace your package.
Is my personal information kept private?
Please note that AlexandAlexa does not keep your credit card details on the AlexandAlexa website, and these details are therefore protected from any breach of security at the AlexandAlexa website.
Navigational information is only used for internal purposes to enhance the customer shopping experience and site usability and is not shared with any outside parties.
Financial information is used to check the user's qualifications and to bill the user for products.
How can I expect to receive the goods?
All orders will be shipped to you in our beautiful gift boxes, which we hope you will like enough to keep. When placing your order you will be the chance to pick the design and colour of gift box that you like.
How are duties and taxes calculated?
Prices on the website include all prevailing taxes applicable in the UK at the time of payment. In the UK, children's clothes are Zero-rated for VAT, but the delivery charge is VAT chargable. This is deducted for non-EU countries at check-out.
When you proceed to checkout, the tax amount payable will be itemised separately from the merchandise cost. If you are shipping to a destination outside the Eurozone, import duty may be levied by the country to which you are shipping.
It will be your responsibility to pay for these potential additional costs.
Will there be additional duties or taxes payable on my purchase?
There may be additional duties or taxes payable by you on receipt of the goods by customs in your country. AlexandAlexa cannot accept responsibility for these costs.
Where's my order?
If you have received an email that your order has been dispatched, your order should be with you shortly. You can track your parcel using the link provided in your dispatch email.
Please note that orders to the United States – and some additional countries sent with our standard delivery service – do not have tracking numbers, but they should be delivered within 10 working days from the date of dispatch.
If you have not received a dispatch email and more than 5 working days have passed since you placed your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will investigate this as soon as we possibly can.
My order has taken too long to arrive, and I would like to cancel it.
Unfortunately, due to turnaround time limits, WE ARE NOT ABLE to cancel or amend an order once it has been placed; however, you can always return an order to us within 28 days by following the returns instructions included with your order.
We will of course reimburse you for any return shipping costs which you indicate on your returns form.
How do I return an item that I'm not happy with?
AlexandAlexa operates a "No-Fuss" returns policy. If you're not happy with an item for any reason – or in the unlikely event that you have received the wrong item – please fill in the returns instructions included with your order and send it back to us for a full refund.
Can I add to or change my order?
Unfortunately, due to fast turnaround times WE ARE NOT ABLE to cancel or amend an order once it has been placed; however, you can always return your goods to us within 28 days by following the returns instructions included with your order.
When will I get a refund for my return?
Due to the high volume of transactions, we are experiencing some delays in processing refunds. You can usually expect to receive a refund within 14 days of us receiving your return, and we'll send an email confirmation as this has been completed.
What if I want to return or exchange something (Returns Policy)?
We ask that you return your items to us within 28 days of receiving them. Simply follow the steps below:
- Complete the Refund & Exchange Form included with your order.
- Remove the Address Label from your Customer Invoice and affix it in the box indicated on your Refund & Exchange form.
- Wrap the item securely (you do not have to return item(s) with the branded AlexandAlexa gift box they came in), making sure your completed Refund & Exchange form is inside. If you are returning an item from the UK, please refer to the returns label enclosed.
- Post the item at your local post office – we strongly recommend that you request proof of postage for your records.
We can only exchange an item for the same item in a different size, subject to availability. We are unable to process any exchanges for a completely different item.
Exchanged items can only be dispatched after the returned goods have been received and undergone a quality control check.
Items presented in a branded box must be returned unmarked in their original, undamaged packaging as this is considered part of the product. Please note that items returned without their box or in a damaged box may not be accepted, and may be returned to the customer.
If returning footwear, DO NOT use the shoe box as outer protective packaging.
Please also note that ...
- Exchanges received outside of the above stated timescales are also subject to product availability and the customer may incur any shipping costs for such exchanges.
- Any further returns of exchanged items outside the stated timescales will usually be shipped at the customer's own cost.
- AlexandAlexa will not accept returns for any non-faulty items that have been worn and tags removed. Upon receipt of an order, if any item has been received with no tags, customer should notify us by email on the same day of receipt if they wish to return.
- Non-faulty items of swimwear will only be accepted if the hygiene strip is in place.
- Special occasion wear will only be accepted if all original tags and security strips are still in place. A thorough inspection by our quality control team is required on all special occasion wear returns.
- Faulty items will only be accepted if the goods are shipped to the customer damaged or there is a subsequent manufacturing fault within a period of 6 months after shipping. All items returned as faulty will be inspected and any items deemed to subject to fair wear and tear will not be accepted as faulty.
- Items may be repaired on request – where possible – but only if such items are deemed faulty and repairable. Such repairs do not come with any guarantees.
- We strongly advise all customers to check garments thoroughly upon delivery before removing any attached tags and before disposing of any original packaging.
Please note that whilst we do refund return shipping charges, we are unable to refund delivery or import duties.
How soon will I get my money back?
Refunds will usually be made within 14 days of the date of return of the item to AlexandAlexa. All undamaged, correctly returned products will be credited to the original purchaser's payment card or account including sales taxes for all EU country shipments and including all original shipping charges.
As previously stated, whilst we do refund return shipping charges, we are unable to refund delivery or import duties.
For further information contact us via email@example.com.